Heroes, myths, and journeys
Due by 11:59 AM on Monday, November 20, 2017
Get to know your article
Read through your assigned article at least once.
Write a 500-word memo about the assigned readings (class 7; class 8) for this week. You can (should) use some of the prompt questions there if you want:
- How does structure contribute to a story’s resonance and power?
- What is the role of drama in communicating science and research?
- What deeper social messages are communicated through stories like Harry Potter and War and Peace?
- How can you know who your audience is? What if it’s not a specific group of people that will be in a room? How do you tailor your stories to huge audiences (like in a blog post, op ed, or tweet?)
- How does viewing yourself as a mentor change your presentation style?
- How can you encourage audiences (i.e. the hero) to change?
As you write the memo, also consider these central questions:
- How do these readings connect to our main goal of discovering truth?
- How does what I just read apply to me?
- How can this be useful to me?
Submit the memo as “Reflection 4” on Learning Suite by noon on Monday.