Heroes, myths, and journeys II
Readings due before class on Monday, November 20, 2017
- Chapters 3 and 4 in Nancy Duarte, ResonateNancy Duarte, Resonate: Present Visual Stories That Transform Audiences (Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2010).
- Read your assigned article at least once
Questions to reflect on
- How can you know who your audience is? What if it’s not a specific group of people that will be in a room? How do you tailor your stories to huge audiences (like in a blog post, op ed, or tweet?)
- How does viewing yourself as a mentor change your presentation style?
- How can you encourage audiences (i.e. the hero) to change?