Heroes, myths, and journeys I
Readings due before class on Wednesday, November 15, 2017
- Chapter 2 in Nancy Duarte, ResonateNancy Duarte, Resonate: Present Visual Stories That Transform Audiences (Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2010).
- Benjamin Zander, “The Transformative Power of Classical Music”
- Weasleys and Rostovs and Mormons—Oh My
Questions to reflect on
- How does structure contribute to a story’s resonance and power?
- What is the role of drama in communicating science and research?
- What deeper social messages are communicated through stories like Harry Potter and War and Peace?