Materials for class on Monday, November 27, 2017
Videos from class
- “Understanding the way scientists speak,” MSNBC Morning Joe, 2013-04-24
- “Improvisation for Scientists: Workshops by Alan Alda and the Center for Communicating Science,” Stony Brook Journalism, 2010-03-23
Editing published figures
- “Giving to Others and the Association Between Stress and Mortality”Michael J. Poulin et al., “Giving to Others and the Association Between Stress and Mortality,” American Journal of Public Health 103, no. 9 (September 2013): 1649–55, doi:10.2105/ajph.2012.300876.
- “Principled instrumentalism: a theory of transnational NGO behaviour”George E. Mitchell and Hans Peter Schmitz, “Principled Instrumentalism: A Theory of Transnational NGO Behaviour,” Review of International Studies 40, no. 3 (July 2014): 487–504, doi:10.1017/s0260210513000387.
Feedback for today
Go to this form and answer these three questions (anonymously if you want):
- What new thing did you learn today?
- What was the most unclear thing about today’s class?
- What was the most exciting thing you learned today?