Delivery and summary of class
Due by 11:59 AM on Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Task 1: Reflection memo
- How do contrast and structure relate to STAR moments?
- How does Alda discuss making memorable content? How is his view different from Duarte’s?
- Why is PowerPoint so ubiquitous? Why is it dangerous? How should you use it responsibly?
- What should you do when someone asks for your slides? What if it’s standard practice to share slides (like with investors)?
As you write the memo, also consider these central questions:
- How do these readings connect to our main goal of discovering truth?
- How does what I just read apply to me?
- How can this be useful to me?
Task 2: Summative assessment
This memo is different. Read the one reading for class 14 and write ≈400 words exploring a few of these summative questions:
- What is truth?
- How do we find truth?
- Are facts truth?
- How are stories related to truth?
- What’s the difference between content and form?
- Does beauty matter when describing truth or telling stories?
- How does any of this philosophical humanities stuff relate to science and data communication?
Submit both tasks as “Reflection 7” on Learning Suite by noon on Wednesday.