Readings due before class on Monday, December 11, 2017
- Chapter 9 in Nancy Duarte, ResonateNancy Duarte, Resonate: Present Visual Stories That Transform Audiences (Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2010).
- Erica Robles-Anderson and Patrik Svensson, “‘One Damn Slide After Another’: PowerPoint at Every Occasion for Speech”, Computational Culture, January 15, 2016
- Stephanie Evergreen, “Stop Asking if the Slides are Available”
- Elisabeth Bumiller, “We Have Met the Enemy and He Is PowerPoint”
- Erik Hess, “Death by Powerpoint”
- The Gettysburg Powerpoint Presentation
Questions to reflect on
- Why is PowerPoint so ubiquitous? Why is it dangerous? How should you use it responsibly?
- What should you do when someone asks for your slides? What if it’s standard practice to share slides (like with investors)?