Thinking like a designer + principles of storytelling
Due by 11:59 AM on Monday, November 13, 2017
Write a 500-word memo about the assigned readings (class 5; class 6) for this week. You can (should) use some of the prompt questions there if you want:
- How are affordances, accessibility, and aesthetics related to CRAP and the Gestalt principles of visual perception?
- What are the common elements of good design in each of Nussbaumer Knaflic’s examples in chapter 6?
- Why are stories so powerful?
- Which of Nussbaumer Knaflic’s tactics to ensure your story is clear is most helpful to you?
- According to Duarte, what’s the difference between presentations, facts, people, and stories?
- What does Duarte mean when she says the audience should be the hero?
As you write the memo, also consider these central questions:
- How do these readings connect to our main goal of discovering truth?
- How does what I just read apply to me?
- How can this be useful to me?
Submit the memo as “Reflection 3” on Learning Suite by noon on Monday.