Principles of storytelling and resonating
Readings due before class on Monday, November 13, 2017
- Chapter 7 in Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic, Storytelling with DataCole Nussbaumer Knaflic, Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals (Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2015).
- Chapter 1 in Nancy Duarte, ResonateNancy Duarte, Resonate: Present Visual Stories That Transform Audiences (Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2010).
Questions to reflect on
- Why are stories so powerful?
- Which of Nussbaumer Knaflic’s tactics to ensure your story is clear is most helpful to you?
- According to Duarte, what’s the difference between presentations, facts, people, and stories?
- What does Duarte mean when she says the audience should be the hero?