Readings due before class on Wednesday, November 29, 2017
- Chapter 6 in Nancy Duarte, ResonateNancy Duarte, Resonate: Present Visual Stories That Transform Audiences (Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2010).
- Chapters 7–11 in Alan Alda, If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face?Alan Alda, If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face? My Adventures in the Art and Science of Relating and Communicating (New York: Random House, 2017).
Questions to reflect on
- How do organizational structures enhance (or detract from) the resonance of a presentation?
- Duarte’s final rule for the section is that “Structure is greater than the sum of its parts.” How so?
- How does Alda treat presentation structure in his book?