Readings due before class on Monday, November 27, 2017
- Chapter 5 in Nancy Duarte, ResonateNancy Duarte, Resonate: Present Visual Stories That Transform Audiences (Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2010).
- Introduction to chapter 6 in Alan Alda, If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face?Alan Alda, If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face? My Adventures in the Art and Science of Relating and Communicating (New York: Random House, 2017).
- The best stats you’ve ever seen
Questions to reflect on
- How do you find the right balance of pathos, ethos, and logos in a presentation?
- How does contrast create change and motivate audiences?
- What is Hans Rosling’s Big Idea? How does Hans Rosling use contrast when presenting that idea?
- How does Alan Alda’s experience with improv comedy and science communication relate to Resonate?